- First movement Ouverture was commissioned by ensemble recherche and the Ernst von Siemens Musikstiftung.
- First performed by ensemble recherche at the Witold Lutosławski Polish Radio Concert Studio, Warsaw, 22.09.18, during Warsaw Autumn.
- Instrumentation: 22.214.171.124 / 0.0.0.0 / perc (1) / pno / 126.96.36.199.0.
- Duration: ca. 24:00
SUITE is in five movements:
- I. Ouverture (2016) for ensemble, 10:00
- II. Air I (2014-2015) for piccolo and strings, 8:00
- III. Gigue (2018) for percussion and winds, 2:30
- IV. Air II (2014-2015) for piccolo and strings, 0:50
- V. Réjouissance (2018) for ensemble, 0:01
Ouverture, Air I & II, and Gigue can be performed individually. Réjouissance can potentially also be performed as an appendix to Ouverture.
Henrik Friis, Politiken, November 5th 2020:
“[SUITE] is related to [Gravgaard’s] double concerto, which the Danish National Symphony Orchestra premiered last year, where everything grows out of a very long series of repetitions of a single note. Where the intensity increases and increases, while the movements get shorter and shorter. This gave a unique, dramatic form.”
Mads Hæsum Christensen, Seismograf.org, November 4th 2020:
“[SUITE] exists in the extreme registers on the traditional instruments. It was both interesting, fragile and well-sounding …”
Thomas Michelsen, Politiken, June 4th 2020:
“[Gravgaard Madsen] shows just how brilliant he is, when he creates music based on Bach’s 18th century material.”