- Commissioned by AUT – Aarhus Unge Tonekunstnere – for their 50th anniversary season.
- Co-composed with Anna Katrin Øssursdóttir Egilstrøð.
- First performance: Anna Katrin Øssursdóttir Egilstrøð (voice) and Jesper Nordin conducting Aarhus Symphony Orchestra @ Symfonisk Sal, Musikhuset Aarhus, 30.04.16.
- Instrumentation: 126.96.36.199 / 188.8.131.52 / timp / perc (3) / harp / piano / strings
- Duration: ca. 40:00
- Received a Special Recognition from the Danish Arts Foundation in 2016.
- Nominated for a Carl Award 2017 by the Danish Music Publishers’ Society.
- Will be released on vinyl and digital download by Dacapo Records primo 2021.
Music Committee, Danish Arts Foundation, December 2016:
“BEINTA is a captivating, beautiful and dramatic symphonic poem, liberated from the boundaries of genres and tradition. The orchestration creates a particularly deep perspective in the piece with surprising details and the voice fully integrated. The listener is surrounded by the piece, which frames the dramatic complexity of inner landscapes. It’s tristesse and intriguing Nordic Noir.”
Kristian Gull, Nordjyske Stiftstidende, May 2nd 2016:
“Once in a while you experience something that does not leave the body right away. Experiences that enter your body and shakes the soul. Such an experience was BEINTA at the SPOT Festival …”
Henrik Friis, Politiken, May 2nd 2016:
“It was grippingly beautiful in its simple combination of sound and image […] One must imagine a music that was full of activity and completely calm at the same time.”
Ole Skaarup, Stiften:
“Very interesting and very skillfully done.”