- First movement Ouverture was commissioned by ensemble recherche and the Ernst von Siemens Musikstiftung.
- First performed by ensemble recherche at the Witold Lutosławski Polish Radio Concert Studio, Warsaw, 22.09.18, during Warsaw Autumn.
- Instrumentation: 18.104.22.168 / 0.0.0.0 / perc (1) / pno / 22.214.171.124.0.
- Duration: ca. 24:00
- Five movements:
- I. Ouverture (2016) for ensemble, 10:00
- II. Air I (2014-2015) for piccolo and strings, 8:00
- III. Gigue (2018) for percussion and winds, 2:30
- IV. Air I (2014-2015) for piccolo and strings, 0:50
- V. Réjouissance (2018) for ensemble, 0:01
- Ouverture, Air I & II, and Gigue can be performed individually.
- Réjouissance can potentially also be performed as an appendix to Ouverture.
Thomas Michelsen, Politiken, June 4th 2020:
“[Gravgaard Madsen] shows just how brilliant he is, when he creates music based on Bach’s 18th century material.”